La Gruyère offers many hiking trails, which wander through our landscapes.
To ensure a beautiful cohabitation between hiking enthusiasts and lovers of mountain biking and E-Bike, La Gruyère Tourisme offers you some good tips. Practical advice that allows everyone to have a good time on our hiking trails.
By bike/mountain bike
- Make your presence known with the bell.
- Let the hikers take priority.
- Pass hikers to the pace of the step, or get off your bike.
- Priority is given to hikers.
- If there is enough space, please leave the passage free.
- Avoid unnecessarily obstructing the passage of mountain bikers/cyclists.
- By bike/mountain bike: Blocking the rear wheel - this damages the path.
- Hiking: Listening to music too loud and not paying enough attention.
Respect each individual's interests
- Be respectful of the people you meet along the way. Whether they are on foot or by bike.
- Remember to close gates and fences on your route.
Think about nature
- Take your rubbish with you.
- Avoid making fires outside dedicated areas.
- Follow the marked itineraries, out of respect for the fauna and flora.
Be ready for the outing
- Plan your outing rigorously: identify the difficulties, the places suitable for a break, for shelter.
- Make sure you are adequately equipped (clothing, drinks, food).
- Plan for small emergencies (injuries, stings, punctures).